Friday, April 20, 2018

Tropical Thank You w/Kara

Hello! It's Kara and I have something a little tropical to share with you today. I love all of the different ways designers are using tropical leaves recently. I've been seeing these large leaf designs on all kinds of homeware: pillows, dinnerware and even wallpaper! If you're like me and not bold enough to add them to your home we can certainly enjoy them on our cards.

I love this large leaf stamp from the new Modern Calla Lilies set. It reminds me of the kind of leaves I've been seeing in these trendy designs. I decided to stamp the leaf several times, overlapping the image, but also leave a lot of white space. I colored in the leaves with green Copic markers. I chose 3 coordinating greens. I colored each leaf a different shade and where they overlapped I got even more color variation.

I created black panels to go on top of my designs using the 4 Bar Stitched Rectangle Die. By die cutting the words 'thank you', using the No One Else die set, it allowed the leaf design to peek through.

I added a stamped sentiment using the No One Else stamp set on both cards. For the card on the left I created a little tab to stamp my sentiment and added it to the side of my black panel.

I hope you enjoyed and it inspires you to bring a little of the tropics into your craft space! Thanks for stopping by!

Featured Supplies

For your convenience, here is a list of the featured Wplus9 supplies used on today's project(s), along with links to purchase.
Wplus9 White Cardstock
Wplus9 White Cardstock
Shop at:
WP9
Wplus9 Black Cardstock
Wplus9 Black Cardstock
Shop at:
WP9
Wplus9 4 Bar Stitched Rectangles Die
Wplus9 4 Bar Stitched Rectangles Die
Shop at:
WP9
Wplus9 PURE COLOR Black Dye Ink
Wplus9 PURE COLOR Black Dye Ink
Shop at:
WP9
Modern Calla Lilies
Modern Calla Lilies
Shop at:
WP9
No One Else
No One Else
Shop at:
WP9
No One Else Die
No One Else Die
Shop at:
WP9


2 comments:

  1. OH I LOVE how you used the dies on this!! SO AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really bold, and beautiful, Kara! Now why didn't I know that the Wplus9 black was Copic friendly?
    =]

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest